Trainee Independent Financial Advisor
Negotiable basic and benefits
My client is a UK and international IFA and they are looking for a trainee IFA to join the team in Edinburgh to help with the companies expansion. As a Trainee IFA, you will work under the supervision of a senior financial advisor and learn about providing financial advice and managing clients' financial portfolios. Your primary responsibilities will include assisting in client meetings, conducting research and analysis, and gradually taking on more responsibility as you gain experience and knowledge.
- You will be learning about understanding client needs and goals. Learn how to gather information, assess risk tolerance, and present financial solutions.
- Assist in conducting comprehensive financial assessments for clients and assist in creating financial plans that encompass retirement planning, tax and estate planning.
- Learn about financial regulations and industry standards.
- Develop effective communication skills to explain complex financial concepts to clients in a clear and understandable manner.
- Maintain accurate records of client interactions, financial plans, and recommendations.
- Stay up-to-date with financial products, market trends, and investment strategies.
- Pursue relevant industry certifications (Diploma in Financial Planing) and participate in ongoing training to enhance your knowledge and skills.
- You should have a degree in finance, economics, business, or a related field together with some experience of working in financial services .
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to changing financial markets and regulations.