Permanent placements continue to rise, but rate of growth eases to 26-month low.
Key points from July:
- Growth held back by skill shortages
- Salary growth remains strong, despite easing to 18-month low.
Candidate shortages bite…
The availability of staff for permanent roles fell further in July, with the rate of decline accelerating to the sharpest since November 2014.
Businesses are struggling to find the talent they need and this will have long term implications for their growth plans.
- Demand for staff softens
- Overall vacancy levels increased at the slowest rate in two years during July.
- Permanent salary inflation eases
- Although starting salaries for permanent hires continued to rise in July, the rate of increase moderated further from April’s recent peak to an 18-month low.