Steeper increases in permanent placements
Starting salary inflation close to September’s recent high
Steeper decline in candidate supply
“firms continue to hire new staff at near record rates. With the jobs market so heated, businesses across the country, of all types, are struggling to find work ready staff. Some clients tell us they are seeing the worst period of staff availability for many a year. A four-decade low in unemployment means good candidates are at a premium. Consequently, we’re seeing wages pushed upwards and now may be a good time to move to secure a pay rise!
- Staff appointments increase at quicker pace…
- The number of people placed into permanent jobs rose at a sharp and accelerated rate in October.
…as demand for staff remains robust
- Growth of demand for staff remained historically sharp at the start of the fourth quarter.
- Starting salary inflation continues to rise…
…driven by sustained fall in candidate availability..
- Overall candidate availability declined at the quickest pace for nine months in October.